Assault Training Response
*For CEU verification, ALL Health Professionals should create an account first.We apologize for the inconvenience. Are you a healthcare provider who have experienced or is experiencing assault in your workplace?...
LVN Academy CategoryOnline Courses
Expire: 365 days
BRN & BVNPT Certificate
About this course:
*For CEU verification, ALL Health Professionals should create an account first.We apologize for the inconvenience.
Are you a healthcare provider who have experienced or is experiencing assault in your workplace? This course should be perfect for you. This course will provide you knowledge on defensive and preventive skills which are helpful in managing assaultive patients/clients.
Persons who work in the healthcare industry are at risk for assaultive events as clients and staff have high risk stressors. In California, AB 508 is a law that requires all hospitals to conduct a security and safety assessment plan to protect personnel, clients, and visitors. All hospitals are required to report any assault or battery to local law enforcement within 72 hours.
At the completion of this program, the learners will:
- Verbalize general and personal safety measure
- Discuss the assault cycle and stages of a crisis.
- Discuss Precipitating factors to violence.
- Discuss legalities as it relates to interventions
- Assessment of cues
- Verbal de-escalation strategies
- Discuss and demonstrate various physical evasive techniques
- Discuss various aspects of restraints.
- Post incident support and documentation.
- Complete this module at a 70% competency.
About the Instructor:
- First Name:Olympia
- Last Name:Resol: RN, MPH, CRNI
Millennial Nurses Job Satisfaction & Professional Practice Environment
I have reviewed and completed the entire e-learning. Credit for completing this e-learning can only be claimed one time per each participant. I am certifying by agreeing to the terms that this is not to be awarded to another person other than myself.